Yay! The weekend is almost here. Can you believe that it is the last weekend in July? I hope you all live it up. Get out there, enjoy these beautiful summer days, eat ice cream, read books, watch the Olympics, and just relax. You deserve it!
Here are a few fun things that happened in AphroChic land this week:
– I posted the picture above on Instagram earlier this week. That’s me sporting my brand new Warby Parker glasses. To say I love them is an understatement. I could live in them! Anyway, I can vouch that Warby Parker addiction is real. If you love eye glasses, you have to check out their site for your next pair (and no, they’re not paying me to say this).
– I got the best news on Monday. I am a finalist in High Point Market’s Style Spotter contest! Me, and 14 other bloggers have made it to the finals, and one of us will become High Point’s 9th Style Spotter. I will be working on creating some beautiful Olioboards to share with you all next week. Once mine are ready, be sure to vote for AphroChic!
– So you know my sis works for Room & Board. Well, I just found out that the company has gone mobile. You can now shop Room & Board directly from your phone. It’s wonderful and dangerous all at once. It will now only take seconds to purchase the perfect sofa.
– One of my favorite people in the entire world, artist Samantha Hahn has prints for sale on Refinery 29 this week. Check out the sale over the weekend. The prints are only $40, and absolutely gorgeous.
– We’ve been updating our Pinterest boards daily. Be sure to check out our Style Talk Pinterest Board that features designers we’ve interviewed over the years, including Hilari Younger of HGTV Design Star All Stars.