COVID-19 passes from person to person. The virus spreads through small droplets that come from the nose or mouth. Take these simple steps to protect yourself from the virus:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based (at least 60%) hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain the virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately. Droplets spread the virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- Stay home – especially if you feel sick. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority. National and local authorities will have the most up-to-date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/mom-and-dads-self-care-1.jpg 2048 1536 Jeanine Hays https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/aphrochic-logo-glow-254.png Jeanine Hays2020-06-13 20:44:492020-06-13 20:44:517 Ways Parents Can Practice Self-Care During The Pandemic
Tips to help parents survive quarantine and isolation during the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/lets-dance-covid-wellathome-campaign-1.png 1080 1080 Jeanine Hays https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/aphrochic-logo-glow-254.png Jeanine Hays2020-04-30 13:00:472020-04-30 13:09:50Let's Dance
The music that is keeping us uplifted and dancing during the age of quarantine.
https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/covid-wellathome-campaign.png 1080 1080 Jeanine Hays https://www.aphrochic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/aphrochic-logo-glow-254.png Jeanine Hays2020-04-12 20:39:352020-04-29 23:52:54COVID-19 Symptom Checker
The World Health Organization has shared the most common symptoms of COVID-19. Assess your risk and check your symptoms.